This course introduces the classification of Highly Hazardous Pesticides (HHPs) including the systems used for identification, mitigation and the sourcing of alternatives.
This course is designed for a range of stakeholders involved in agricultural systems. More specifically, the course is targeted towards persons who are involved in some capacity at HHP mitigation:
- Pesticide registration staff
- Pesticide registration board members
- Researchers working on risk mitigation
- Other staff involved in sourcing alternatives to HHPs
- The categories and criteria that lead to the classification of a pesticide as an HHP.
- Risk reduction processes including assessment and mitigation.
- Identification and implementation of alternatives to HHPs.
This course consists of three lessons of approximately 45-60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1: Introduction and identification
- Lesson 2: Assessment and mitigation
- Lesson 3: Alternatives
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieve a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!