This course introduces the classification of Highly Hazardous Pesticides (HHPs) including the systems used for identification, mitigation and the sourcing of alternatives.
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
This course is designed for a range of stakeholders involved in agricultural systems. More specifically, the course is targeted towards persons who are involved in some capacity at HHP mitigation:
- Pesticide registration staff
- Pesticide registration board members
- Researchers working on risk mitigation
- Other staff involved in sourcing alternatives to HHPs
You will learn about
- The categories and criteria that lead to the classification of a pesticide as an HHP.
- Risk reduction processes including assessment and mitigation.
- Identification and implementation of alternatives to HHPs.
This course consists of three lessons of approximately 45-60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1: Introduction and identification
- Lesson 2: Assessment and mitigation
- Lesson 3: Alternatives
Digital Badge Certification
To be granted a digital certification from the FAO elearning Academy, you will have to take the final evaluation exam after you’ve finished a course.
Our digital badge certifications verify that you have achieved the learning outcomes and competencies outlined in FAO e-learning courses.
Please click the link below to start the test: