This course is intended to complement the series of three courses “Creating an enabling environment for responsible investment in agriculture and food systems - Fundamentals - Analysis – Reform”. It aims to provide guidance on youth-specific issues that should be taken into consideration when creating an enabling environment for responsible investment in agriculture and food systems.
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers.
This course is primarily intended for:
- International technical experts
- Youth leaders
- Young students
You will learn about
- Why it is important to empower youth to engage in responsible investment in the agri-food sector;
- Why it is essential to engage young people in policy dialogue on responsible investment in agriculture and food systems and what steps can be taken to empower youth to participate in such decision-making processes;
- What are some of the most common challenges faced by young people who want to invest in agriculture and food systems, and the main measures that policy-makers can adopt to address them; and
- Why a conducive policy, legal and regulatory framework is critical to ensure that young people benefit from large-scale investments and what measures policy-makers can adopt in this regard.
The course consists of 4 lessons:
- Lesson 1 - Introduction
- Lesson 2 - Foster youth engagement in policy-making processes
- Lesson 3 - Empower youth to invest in agriculture and food systems
- Lesson 4 - Empower youth to benefit from large-scale agribusiness investments