This course features the Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries Implementation Monitoring Tool (EAF-IMT), a simple method to monitor progress in implementation of the EAF in fisheries management, that aims to support fisheries management planning and decision-making. This course was designed to explain why and how to use the EAF-IMT and associated material.
This e-learning course is intended for a cross section of audiences involved in fisheries or related fields, including:
- Policy makers
- Staff of fisheries institutions
- Scientists and technicians
- Fishers and fish workers
- Academia and students
- Other practitioners, UN agencies, NGOs, RFBs (Regional Fishery Bodies)
- Why, when and how to use the EAF-IMT.
- EAF-IMT related material, such as the EAF-IMT Manual, Scoring tables, scoring rationale template and dashboard.
- How to recognize strengths and weaknesses of assessed fisheries.
- Formulations of recommendations to address the gaps identified.
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!