The fourth course explains the need to regularly monitor and assess the outcomes of the Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries (EAF) implementation, then review and, if necessary, adapt the Fisheries Management Plan, and report on performance. This course was designed to provide guidance on the key aspects related to the monitoring and review process of an EAF.
This e-learning course is intended for a cross section of audiences involved in fisheries or related fields, including:
- Policy makers
- Staff of fisheries institutions
- Scientists and technicians
- Fishers and fish workers
- Academia and students
- Other practitioners, UN agencies, NGOs, RFBs (Regional Fishery Bodies)
- Why EAF plans need to be reviewed.
- The process to monitor and review an EAF.
- The importance of involving all key stakeholders in the process.
- The analysis of current measures in relation to the objectives and assessment of whether correct measures are necessary.
- Communication and reporting on performance.
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!