The second course focuses on the steps needed to begin an Ecosysten Approach to Fisheries (EAF) process, including building the project team, understanding the key actors and institutions who comprise the stakeholders, and developing a Baseline report. The course also explores how, upon approval of the Baseline report, to identify and prioritize elements of the fishery and from this, how to set objectives and develop an EAF Management Plan.
This course is intended for:
- Policy-makers and fisheries managers.
- Scientists, technicians and data collectors.
- Fisheries representatives and other stakeholders.
- Students and academia.
- How an EAF project team can initiate an EAF process, and identify and engage with relevant stakeholder and their institutions.
- The various steps involved in scoping and how to identify the values, vision and management objectives.
- How to identify the relevant elements of the fishery and use risk assessment to prioritize them.
- How to develop the EAF management system, including how it will be implemented and monitored.
- Key documents that are produced through the planning stage, including the EAF planning road map, a scoping document, a baseline document and the fisheries management plan.
The course consists of 3 lessons, ranging from approximately 20 to 35 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Initiation and scoping
- Lesson 2 – Identify and prioritize elements
- Lesson 3 – Develop the EAF management system
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!