This course looks closely at the gender issues that are central to the substantially lower rate of engagement of women farmers, compared with men, in inclusive agribusiness. It provides direction on gender-responsive and transformative approaches to ensure that women and men access and benefit from profitable markets and business opportunities in equal measures along agrifood supply chains.
This course is part of the series “Making agricultural investment and supply chains work for women and men”. Before starting the course, take a look at the introduction of the series for useful information. Please find the link to the Introduction below on this page.”
This course is primarily intended for stakeholders who engage with and invest in smallholders producers and in particular for:
- Producer organization representatives.
- Private company directors.
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) employees.
- Government representatives and policy advisors.
- Causes of the substantially lower engagement of women in agribusiness, compared with men.
- Strategies and measures to foster women’s engagement and leadership in producer organizations.
- Specific measures that agribusiness actors can adopt to promote women’s engagement in inclusive business models.
- Main reasons for the gender gap in access to productive resources and services and actions to be taken to address this gap.
- Use of household methodologies to tackle intrahousehold dynamics that hinder women from engaging in agribusiness.
The course consists of 5 lessons of approximately 45-60 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Lesson 2 – Enabling women’s engagement and leadership in producer organizations
- Lesson 3 – Maximizing women’s engagement in inclusive business models and contractual arrangements
- Lesson 4 – Ensuring equal access to productive resources and services to enable women’s engagement in agribusiness
- Lesson 5 – Challenging gender inequalities though household methodologies
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!