This is the second in a series of three courses, designed to provide a diverse audience with the approaches, methods and tools necessary to integrate social dimensions into the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agrifood investments. In particular, this course provides guidance to practitioners on how to conduct social analysis to enhance the inclusiveness of agrifood investments. It describes the conceptual framework, the methodology, the tools and the concrete tasks for conducting the analysis and incorporating its findings into investment projects.
This course targets social analysts and practitioners working in agrifood investment operations. It is also helpful to anyone interested in learning about the key analytical concepts and steps of conducting social analysis, in the context of sustainable investments in agrifood systems.
- The conceptual framework for conducting social analysis in the context of agrifood investments.
- The role and responsibilities of a social analyst in supporting the formulation of a country investment strategy.
- The analyses conducted by a social analyst to support the design of an investment project.
- The targeting strategies and mechanisms for gender equality and social inclusion developed by the social analyst in the context of project design.
- The activities a social analyst carries out to support the implementation and completion of an investment project.
There are six lessons in this course, lasting approximately from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours:
- Lesson 1 – Social analysis in the context of agrifood investments
- Lesson 2 – Social analysis for country investment strategies
- Lesson 3 – Social analysis for project design – Analytical approaches for social analysis
- Lesson 4 – Social analysis for project design – Designing targeting strategies for gender equality and social inclusion
- Lesson 5 – Social analysis for project design – Formulating activities and delivery mechanisms for gender equality and social inclusion
- Lesson 6 – Social analysis during project implementation and evaluation
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!