This is the first in a series of three courses designed to provide a diverse audience with the approaches, methods and tools necessary to integrate social dimensions into the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agrifood investments. Specifically, this course covers the management aspects of social analysis and aims to sensitize managers to the role and importance of social analysis in the design of agrifood projects and programmes. It also provides guidance on how to integrate social analysis effectively into the investment process.
This course targets managers of agrifood investment operations (project directors, coordinators, team leaders, task managers) who make decisions about where and when to include social analysis in the investment cycle. It will also be helpful to anyone interested in learning about the key elements of social analysis for inclusive and sustainable investments in agrifood systems.
- The relevance and key benefits of social analysis.
- The role of social analysis in enhancing the quality of investments.
- The main contributions of social analysis throughout the investment cycle.
- Ways to integrate social analysis at each stage of the investment cycle.
- The key requirements for social analysis of major financing institutions.
- The roles and responsibilities for social analysis.
- Ways to promote interdisciplinary teamwork for better social impact.
There are of four lessons in this course, each lasting approximately 60 minutes:
- Lesson 1 – Why should managers know about social analysis?
- Lesson 2 – How to integrate social analysis in the investment cycle
- Lesson 3 – Key requirements for social analysis
- Lesson 4 – Expertise and resources for social analysis
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This course offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam after completing the course and achieving a grade of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to complete the exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!