This course provides an overview of Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) procedures in forest inventory data collection and management.
This course is primarily intended for people who are involved in NFIs but can be taken by anyone with an interest in the subject. Specifically, this course targets:
- Decision-makers planning investments for implementing NFIs
- NFI planners
- National forest monitoring teams
- Youth and new generations of foresters
- Students, as curriculum material in forestry schools
- The importance of quality in NFIs.
- Risks to quality in NFIs.
- QA and QC in NFIs.
- Typical errors in fieldwork.
- Typical measures in QC in fieldwork.
The course consists of 3 lessons, of approximately 20 mins duration each:
- Lesson 1 - General considerations on QA/QC
- Lesson 2 - QA/QC in planning and analyses
- Lesson 3 - Quality issues related to data from field sample plots
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This series offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam, that comprises questions based on the content of all eight courses of the series, with a score of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to start the
exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!