This course offers guidance on the typical approaches and calculations used in forest data analyses and related topics.
This course is primarily intended for people who are involved in NFIs but can be taken by anyone with an interest in the subject. Specifically, this course targets:
- Forest technicians responsible for implementing their country’s NFIs
- Forest data analysis practitioners
- National forest monitoring teams
- Youth and new generations of foresters
- Students, as curriculum material in forestry schools
- Data analysis in NFIs.
- Principles of statistical estimation.
- Statistical models and their characteristics.
- Errors in forest inventories.
- Products of forest data analyses.
The course consists of 5 lessons, of approximately 25 mins duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Introduction to data analysis
- Lesson 2 - Estimation
- Lesson 3 - Statistical models in forest monitoring
- Lesson 4 - Errors in forest monitoring
- Lesson 5 - Typical products from data analyses in forest monitoring
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This series offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam, that comprises questions based on the content of all eight courses of the series, with a score of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to start the
exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!