This course covers national forest inventory (NFI) reporting in detail and establishes the importance of reporting in the context of REDD+ actions.
This course is primarily intended for people who are involved in NFIs but can be taken by anyone with an interest in the subject. Specifically, this course targets:
- Forest technicians responsible for implementing their country’s NFIs.
- Forest data analysis practitioners.
- National forest monitoring teams
- Youth and new generations of foresters
- Five principles of reporting.
- Structure and purpose of the NFI report.
- Phased approach of REDD+.
- REDD+ reporting: approach, process and data required.
- Importance of open NFI data.
The course consists of 4 lessons, of approximately 20 mins duration each:
- Lesson 1 - Introduction to data analysis
- Lesson 2 - The NFI report and supporting documents
- Lesson 3 - REDD+ results reporting (and role of NFIs)
- Lesson 4 - Data transparency – open data and data sharing
This course runs on the latest versions of the major browsers, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
The course opens in a separate popup window. If this does not happen, a popup blocker in the browser is probably preventing it from opening and you will need to disable popup blockers for this site. Please read the following instructions on how to do this.
This series offers certification. You will get your digital badge upon passing a final exam, that comprises questions based on the content of all eight courses of the series, with a score of at least 75%. Please click on the button below to start the
exam, or refer to our Certification section to learn more.
Evaluate this course
We would be pleased to receive your evaluation of this course, to support us in improving future e-learning courses. Please click on the button below to answer the questions in the form. It should only take you a few minutes!